– One of the most relevant children’s and youth theater fairs in Spain –
FIET (the Children’s and Youth Theater Fair of the Balearic Islands) is one of the leading national fairs of performing arts for children and young people. It is organized by the non-profit organization Sa Xerxa de Teatre Infantil i Juvenil de les Illes Baleares.
It is held every October in Vilafranca de Bonany and for 4 days, turns the town into a stage where you can enjoy the best shows for family and youth audiences.
The FIET brings together more than 200 performing arts professionals and nearly 20,000 spectators.
-More than twenty years of history-
The Fair was born in 2002 and since then it has been consolidating itself as one of the most important meetings in the sector. The FIET has been recognized with several awards:
- Premio Nacional de Artes Sécénicas para la Infancia y la Juventud (2022), awarded by the Ministry of Culture and Sports.
- Jaume II Award (2022), awarded by the Council of Mallorca.
- Bartomeu Oliver Award – December 31 Awards (2022), awarded by the Balearic Cultural Works.
-What does FIET offer? –
In addition to the program open to the general public, the FIET has the following activities:
- School sessions for schools and institutes from all over the island of Mallorca
- Professional Conferences: an educational and reflective meeting between professionals in the performing arts.
- Librarians’ Day: programming of small-format shows aimed at library managers and/or managers.
- Fun activities: functions that take place at night and have a more relaxed and playful character.
- The Fair for everyone: through this program different activities are carried out with the aim of making the FIET as inclusive and accessible as possible.
-Volunteering, one of the pillars of the Fair – Social participation is essential for the realization of the FIET: dozens of volunteers get involved edition after edition carrying out organizational and production tasks such as for example the control of the stage spaces or the ‘attention to the public at the box office. There are also accommodation volunteers, most from the town of Vilafranca, who open the doors of their homes to welcome companies and professionals during the days of the Fair.